Tuesday, October 12, 2010

60th Anniversary Celebration

Twig and Vine designed it's first "event" flowers last week!  My good friend, Amy, contacted me about arranging centerpieces for her parents 60th anniversary luncheon.  Luckily, the weather has been kind and I was able to complete the order using primarily what I had in the garden.  (For the sake of the corsage and boutinere, we added one bunch of mums and a two bunches of carnations.)  My goal for Twig and Vine is to use as many locally grown flowers and greens as possible.  When I say local, I really mean local...as in from my flower beds and cutting garden!


Arrangement for the dessert table.



One of the six centerpieces.  These featured some unique garden fare including dahlias, sedum, sage, and cherry tree leaves, and of course a few of the purchased mums.
Cheers to Walt and Lorrine!  60 years....amazing!

The corsage included dahlia buds, sedum, sage, boxwood and purchased carnations.

A few lessons I learned from this order.....
  1. My kitchen is big enough to double as a florist shop.
  2. A 3 year old can play with one piece of florist wire for approximately 45 minutes.

3.  If you run out of hot glue and are in a real pickle, you can force the last few drops out with a pencil.

 4.  My youngest doesn't mind what I'm arranging or how long it takes, so long as he has a bird's eye view. (I have a feeling I am going to be increasingly thankful for our Kelty backpack over the next few months!)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment