Monday, November 15, 2010

Arizona Fancies

 Last week I spent a few days in Arizona with my Grandma.  I decided I can manage eating, reading, and sunning the hours away in good company.  I also decided that I am developing a serious addiction...everywhere I go I see stuff I really, really want to pick and arrange!  This time it was the leaves and berries of my grandma's peppercorn tree.  The foliage is this beautiful, saturated green and the smell is amazing...kind of peppery of course!  I made my grandma two centerpieces.  . 

 To my delight, there was an entire tree of lemons ripe for the picking!  Forget lemonade, when you can use them like this!  I was so wishing I had some picks and sturdier wire so I could have added a few of the tiny ones in the top of the centerpiece!


There were quite a few clipplings that I couldn't stand to throw out, so I rummaged up some wire from my grandpa's old workbench and made a peppercorn and rosemary wreath to grace her door

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! Don't get any ideas about moving to AZ so you can use this cool idea and beautiful folage all the time.

    ReplyDelete