Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Upper Class for a White Trash Price

If you haven't noticed yet, I like beautiful things. The only problem is I also happen to be a big, fat Cheapy McCheaperson. I know I can't be the only one who believes beautiful should not break the bank.  That especially goes for a bride on her wedding day!  I think my vintage-loving bride should not have to pay Martha Stewart $59 for a single cake stand. (No offense, Martha.  I really am a big fan of your work.)  Which is why I bring you the $2 cake stand....

Gorgeous, ain't she?  And this little beaut only cost 2 bones to create.  You could go here for a step-by-step tutorial, or you could just go to Goodwill, buy some plates and candlesticks (or interesting looking goblets).  Then you could head on over to your local Home Depot, buy some Gorilla glue. Next, go home and connect said glass/silver with said glue. Easy enough, huh? Goodwill and Value Village-I have found yet another reason to love you!  Check back in May and I'll show you what I'm doing at Melissa and Matt's reception with these little fancies. (Ok, I haven't actually made MY cakestands yet, but I will. Soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment